Saturday 1 November 2014

REVIEW | The Body Shop Tea Tree Skincare Range

I didn't get a picture of the cleanser in the main picture because I was originally planning on giving it a separate post before I talked about the rest of the range.

Skin care is something I change up quite often because I can never seem to find something that makes me skin truly happy. Not only had I heard good things about The Body Shop's skincare range, I knew that tea tree is great for clearing up blemishes. After looking at a few reviews of the cleansing gel, I picked it up a few days later. The price was a little bit frightening at $17.95 due to the amount of different products I buy and end up disliking, but thankfully this wasn't one of those.

$17.95

The cleansing gel is what got me started with the tea tree range. I have enjoyed using gel cleansers in the past but I find that after awhile my skin starts to feel dry from using them. This hasn't happened after using it for several months.

$16.95

This toner is a "shake to activate" kind. I never seem to love or hate toners, but I would never leave it out of my skincare routine. After using this I apply my eye cream, by that time the toner has sunk into my skin in time for moisturiser to be applied.
  
$17.95

This day time mosituriser is lightweight and sinks into skin easily. I find that this does give me a bit of a tingling sensation (as does the next product I mention). My feelings about it are pretty neutral, once I use this up I will most likely try a different moisturiser.

$23.95

This night time moisturiser has a thicker consistency in comparison to its day time counterpart (what's with all the large c words?) however it is still a lightweight formula. This does come with a hefty price tag which makes it the most expensive of the bunch so if you were looking to save some money you could leave this item.

If you purchased all of these products at full price, it will cost you $76.80. They are currently all on sale so if you wanted to pick up some of these now would be the perfect time. If you were wanting to get only one item, I would suggest the facial wash.

If you are thinking back to the image at the top of this post you may remember that there were two other items I haven't mentioned yet. I did take additional pictures for them but I decided to leave them out. First is the facial buffer which you can use alongside your cleanser. I haven't used this very much because I have a daily chemical exfoliator (read my review here). I don't want to go overboard so I only use this now and again. It is a bargain at only $3.95.

The final product is a sample of the Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream. My skin is in too bad a state for this to be of any use to my right now so I have only used this after having all of the above products tested on me in store. The lady said I could wear the lightest or the medium shade, but just to be sure I didn't look too dark she applied the light shade. This is another expensive product at $23.95 but it is meant to provide coverage whilst targeting blemishes.

Whilst searching for these products on The Body Shop website I realized they have removed "blemish clearing" from the product names.

Shop the Tea Tree Range here

8 comments:

  1. Love the blog! Just followed you on Bloglovin!
    I never use anything on my face for cleansing because everything I've ever tried has either caused breakouts or extreme dryness (my face is rather dry anyways). Have any of these products caused breakouts for you?

    Renee | www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of body shop products, most of my face products are from there :) Tea tree is the best.
    Marissa Jamie : Faithfully, Marissa ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard a lot of good things about this brand. Great review. Keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely think i'll be giving this a try!

    http://blogbesidetheseaside.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo I love the Body Shop. The Aloe Facial Cleanser, Passion Fruit Body Butter and the Vitamin E Night Cream are my favs. The toner is possibly on my list next time I go in store.Great post!

    Hope xx
    http://hopecoyne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! I'm excited to hear that the range is on sale. The cleanser sounds particularly awesome. Happy weekend! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have the tea tree mask and i love it, i'll have to try some of the others!

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram // youtube

    ReplyDelete