Sunday 20 July 2014

My Everyday Makeup Kit

I love having a nosy through other ladies' makeup bags, so I thought you may be interested in having a look at mine! These are the products I use every single (week)day for work.

Rimmel London makeup case


 My everyday essentials

 Real Techniques and Nude by Nature brushes

After I've finished my skincare routine (updated version coming soon!), I apply primer to the entire area under my eyes, right down to the cheekbones. I have large pores here and this helps to make my foundation look flawless. I also have large pores on my nose, however it is too oily for this primer to handle so I no longer apply it there.
Next I apply the eye cream. This is tinted and claims to "lift and hydrate" which I feel that it does. My eyes always look so much better when I use this. The area is very dehydrated and my concealer can become cakey without it. Unfortunately this is a sample product - the day I run out I will either cry or have to repurchase!

L'Oreal Base Magique Primer
Indigo Eye Rise Eye Cream 

Due to the current state of my skin, I only apply foundation to my forehead, nose, undereyes/cheekbone area, temples, and along my jawline. These areas are either completely clear or there are only a few spots, so the foundation provides enough coverage. I dab concealer on my spots and use a dabbing motion to blend it in, as I find this provides the best coverage. This concealer has incredible coverage and I wonder how I ever went without it. I did own this in a different colour, but it was too dark, and this one is actually too light. I would wear bronzer to counteract it, but I'm afraid it will bring more unwanted attention to the spots on my cheeks.

Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in 100 Ivory
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 Light

I have a love/hate relationship with my eyebrows. Some days they look so amazing that I don't want to scrub them off at the end of the day ... but other days I want to curl up in bed and hide them from the world.
It is a constant struggle to get them looking right. First of all, they don't start close to my nose which means it looks rubbish when I apply the powder there, because I can never get the colour to match the rest of the brow. Second, the arch is further out on the right brow and it doesn't arch up as high as it does on the left side, resulting in a Kylie Jenner look (although I think she makes it look good). Finally, the tail on the right side is shorter than the left. In summary, my right brow needs to pick up its game.
 Face of Australia High Definition Brow Kit
Real Rechniques Brow Brush

Now I know what you're probably thinking. Eyeshadow palette and eyeshadow brush = eye makeup, right?
Wrong.
I bought this Topshop palette online quite awhile ago because I was trying to find the perfect brown to match my brows. The colour wasn't right at all, so now all I use this for is a mirror. Sometimes I use the lightest colour as a highlight if I remember to use it.
I recently repurchased this Essence mascara as my current one is beginning to dry out slightly. This gives my lashes absolutely insane volume! It gives you a yes I am wearing mascara look, so if you are wanting something a bit more natural, this isn't for you. I don't like a lot of mascaras, which means Essence deserves a reward for my repurchase. The price tag is another major reason why I love it, however one downside is that I get a LOT of fallout from this.
I use the eyeshadow brush to carefully remove the mascara fallout without leaving a big black smudge behind (ugh) and to apply concealer in smaller areas such as my undereyes and around my nose.

Topshop Smokey Eye Palette Golden Aura
Essence I Love Extreme Mascara 
Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush 

My mirror

Stay Matte is definitely my go-to powder. I have repurchased this several times (but it does last!). I generally apply this all over my face, however I need to apply extra to my nose and chin, and use a lighter hand to apply to my upper lip, forehead, and undereye area. I am yet to buy the Real Techniques powder brush (it is sold out every time I am in Priceline) which means my Nude by Nature brush gets a workout. I do like this brush but it takes ages to dry after being washed and the quality isn't as high as RT.

 Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder
Nude by Nature Powder Brush

Whew, that's everything! As you can see I like to keep it neutral as I work in fast food.
Do you use any of these products?

2 comments:

  1. The majority of my makeup brushes are real techniques, the buffing brush is a life saver! xx

    Pillarbox Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Real Techniques! The Maybelline Fit Me is my everyday concealer too.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete